This statement is made in line with s.54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
This statement sets out the steps that Atradius has taken and is continuing to take to ensure that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain.
Modern slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, human trafficking and forced labour and Atradius has a zero tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity and transparency in all aspects of our business activities and to putting in place effective systems and controls to maintain our zero tolerance position.
Atradius provides trade credit insurance, surety and collections services worldwide through a strategic presence in 50 countries. Its credit insurance, bonding and collections products help protect companies throughout the world from payment risks associated with selling products and services on trade credit. Atradius forms part of Grupo Catalana Occidente, one of the leading insurers in Spain and worldwide in credit insurance. Atradius UK is a registered branch of Atradius Crédito y Caución S.A. de Seguros y Reaseguros.
Potential areas of risk
Our supply chain is largely limited to service provision and all suppliers are required to comply with all relevant regulatory and legislative obligations, including the provisions of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Our compliance protocols and operating policies
We operate a number of internal policies and procedures to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner. These include:
- Code of business conduct. This code explains the manner in which we behave as an organisation and how we expect our employees and suppliers to act.
- Statement of Corporate Responsibility. This statement promotes corporate responsibility throughout the supply chain.
- Procurement Policy. This policy outlines the practices and procedures relating to all supply contracts, including the importance of selecting suppliers carefully and in accordance with due diligence requirements, including corporate social responsibility.
- Recruitment policy. Atradius operates a robust recruitment policy to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
- Whistleblowing policy. We operate a whistleblowing policy so that all employees know that they can raise concerns about how colleagues are being treated, or practices within our business or supply chain, without fear of reprisals.
- Modern slavery policy. This policy sets out the organisation’s stance on modern slavery and explains how employees can identify risks and where they can go for help.
Education & Information
Atradius engages all employees in education and provides relevant information relating to compliance and code of conduct. The Modern Slavery Policy has been brought to the attention of employees and the context and relevance explained via the Company’s intranet.
Atradius applies effective processes and controls to ensure that no aspect of our business is connected to any form of Modern Slavery. The Atradius Modern Slavery Policy is reviewed annually to ensure that the controls in place continue to be appropriate.
This statement was approved on behalf of:
Atradius Crédito y Caución S.A. de Seguros y Reaseguros
UK Branch FC/033828/BR018915
Commercial Director UK & Ireland